Occupation:Software Maintenance Engineer
Motivated and experienced cloud professional with 3 years of experience in cloud platforms and a strong track record of solving complex issues. Skilled in troubleshooting and problem-solving, with a passion for programming and a dedication to continuous learning. Contributed upstream to various open source projects, demonstrating a commitment to collaboration and community. Seeking a challenging role where I can utilize my skills and experience to drive innovation and deliver value.
I have worked as a Software Maintenance Engineer and a Technical Support Engineer at Red Hat, and as a Datacenter Engineer and Hardware Engineer at Interactive.
I have made upstream contributions to OpenStack and have written several personal projects, including an ESP32
server exhaust fan controller in C and various ansible playbooks. I have also been involved in internal work
projects at Red Hat, including Phoenix, a database server on demand, and Gobot, a multiplatform chat bot.
I have also obtained certifications in RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator), RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer), and C Programming with Linux.
Overall, I have a diverse set of skills and experience in the field of software engineering and technical support. I have experience working with various programming languages and technologies, and have a strong understanding of Linux systems. I also have experience leading and managing teams, as demonstrated by my role as a restaurant manager. I would like to continue improving my developer skills and use my experience in the cloud space to work on OpenShift as a Software engineer.
Strengths and Expertise
- SDN Networking
- Linux Systems
- Leadership and Mentorship
- Red Hat (2019 - Present)
- Software Maintenance Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Associate Technical Support Engineer
- Interactive (2016 - 2019)
- Datacenter Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- KFC (2014 - 2016)
- Restaurant Manager
- OpenStack - Gerrit
- ESP32 Server Exhaust Fan Controller
- Written in C, I created this project after finishing my C programming course. It incorporates C, microcontrollers and Home Assistant, all things I’m personally interested in.
- Various Anisble Playbooks I’ve written
Internal Work Projects:
- Phoenix - Database server on demand: This is a full stack project I wrote to help support engineers inspect and manipulate database backups. The engineer provides a case number and attachment name using the frontend web interface and the backend downloads the attachment, spins up a podman container and provides the access details to the support engineer.
- Frontend: Written in JS using the Vue3 framework connecting to the backend using the AXIOS library.
- Backend: Written in Python using the FastAPI framework, this handles authentication with the ticking system and interfacing with podman using the podman-py library
- Gobot - A Multiplatform Chat Bot: I am one of the core maintainers for the Gobot project, a collection of software that is used by thousands of Red Hatters each day to monitor there case work, give karma to each other and provide access to many useful services right form the chat platform.
- IRC Bot: Using the go-irc library
- Slack Bot: Using the slack-go library
- API Server: Using the go-restful library